Skip to main content

04/11/22 Upturn The Status Quo!


  


      

        Upturning The

        Status 

        Quo





Hi and thank you for joining me for this week's blog post "Upturning The Status Quo!

So let me begin this post by defining what "Status Quo" really means (and no it is not just the name of a highly successful band!)

The dictionary definition of Status Quo is as follows

"The existing state of affairs, especially regarding social of political issues"  "The way things are now!"

In my role as a Personal Development coach I consider it my duty to challenge my clients' status quo - because if they do not change they will continue to remain exactly where they are!  That equates to my clients and I having exactly the same conversation a year from now! 

Should that happen it would mean that I had been a crap coach!

So that said, let me ask you a question......

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

I would hazard a guess that if you had to tell me your answer, a very high percentage would not be able answer the question immediately and there would be a lot of "erms" and "ums"!

You see we have (as a species) become exceedingly lazy, we sit there in our comfy warm house, in our comfy armchair, drinking our favourite tipple, then going to bed and then "we wake up every morning to alarm clock's warning, take the 8.15 into the city" alongside all the other people who are operating on auto-pilot!

So dear reader, I hope that this has proved to be a catalyst and that you take steps to do something that is new, outside of your comfort zone, and who knows? you might actually find that you like it!

I am Dave B and until the next time I will wish you the best things that life can give, have a great day, be safe be careful and above all remember:-

Don't predict the future - CREATE It!

DAve x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

02/12/22 Making The Tea - an exercise in Strategy

                                         Making The Tea!                                                     (an exercise in Strategy) Hi It's DAve Apologies for my recent absence but family matters took over and I did not have the opportunity to write a blog post last week. Anyway I am now back again and here is this week's offering from the sometimes warped mind of Your's Truly! As a Personal Development Coach I am often asked about Goal Setting so here is my approach to that very subject:- All too often we set goals but very rarely do we create a plan of how we aim to achieve that goal. Having given the matter some thought I have defined a process and that involves "Starting At The End!" Yes, I know that seems mad, but how can you get to where you are going if you don't know where that is?  What it looks like, who you are as a person........... Once you have done this the next part is to list everything that has to happen if you are going to achieve that go

Dateline: Thursday 30th September 2021

Hi and welcome to my Personal Blog. Let us begin with an apology for the missing couple of day's posts, but these days were taken up with hospital visits and also our Wedding Anniversary (Sept.28th) 47 years ago I married Alison, the love of my life!   We were married by Rev'd John Flory in the Parish Church of St.Chad, Patchway, Bristol and then we had the reception at Stanshawes Court Hotel, Yate, Bristol. It was a brilliant day celebrating with family and good friends and then it was followed by a Honeymoon in Paignton. Life then rambled on quite happily although there were a few ups and downs, there were  some fantastic moments plus a few horrendous ones, some comedy and some tragedy.  We have been blessed with 2 brilliant daughters who make us so proud and a little boy who didn't actually make a successful transition from womb to world but he is still and always will be our son. Eventually after navigating the twists and turns of life's journey we ended up living b

Dateline: Tuesday 21 September 2021

Hi today is a crisp late summer day here in North Devon and I have been out and about – it feels like autumn is just around the corner. My car has now been serviced and MOT need and the bill will arrive with me soon. So today I feel that I want to give you just a little insight regarding some of the work I do…… One of my earliest productions (Musical Director) I am a therapist, life coach and musician on my own account  But professionally.... . For many years I have been involved in the entertainment industry – playing in bands, broadcasting, and for the past 20 years or so I have been a senior member of a team in a company that provides theatrical drapes and backdrops plus lighting effects to the World’s entertainment industry Working with this company has enabled me to experience places that I could only dream off as a child and meeting people that I have only been able to admire from afar. However I still remember the words that my Dad said to me when I was a teenager and I had expr