Skip to main content

Dateline: Tuesday 5th October 2021

 Standing The Norm On Its' Head


There are a number of "common sense" rules for running a successful business and it is my contention that one of the most important has been immortalised by Sir Richard Branson!)

In my early days working for the Boots Company Ltd. it was impressed upon me that the customer was always right (even if they were wrong)!  This statement is a maxim that still holds true today. The belief and standing instruction was 

"always take care of the customer!"

Every business course I have ever attended has always placed its' focus on the same point - that being - the customer is "king" and must always be "taken care of and put first!". 

However, Mr Branson has added a further dimension to this!  He has taken the situation, and stood it on its head, and I have to say that I totally agree with him!

He states "Clients Do Not Come First!  Employees Come First!  If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients!"

So that said - if you are a one person business then yes the customer must always be your priority but if you employ staff then they MUST be looked after since they are your greatest asset.  These forward - facing people will be the ones who look after those all important customers.

By doing so they will engender Customer Loyalty / Support and that (in turn) is what will build your business!

Thank you for reading this blog!

Be safe, be careful and above all remember

Don’t Predict The Future - CREATE It !

DAve x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back From The Great Adventure

So here I am back from a fantastic trip to Cornwall.   Catching up with work stuff is taking such a long time that I will not get back to blogging properly until next week. In the meantime here is a pic of Tina and I taken by Alison during lunch in Charlestown on Day 1 of the Great Adventure! So thank you for taking the time to read this post, have a fantastic week! Be safe, be careful and above all remember Don’t Predict The Future - CREATE It ! DAve x PS. if you wish to connect with me please send an email to:-  davethemerlin@mail.com

Dateline: Friday 01 October 2021

It is surprising what shows up in a Car Park! Photographed by Dave Baxter 01/10/21 oooOOOooo Thank you for reading this post and check back again soon   If you want to email me -  Click Here! Have a fantastic day, be safe, be careful and above all remember - Don't predict the future - CREATE IT!

06/09/21 My Ideal Day

Hi and welcome I hope that you have had a wonderful weekend - I know that I have!   So I thought having had such a great time I would devise a list of things that make up my ideal day! I wake up naturally and take my time preparing to greet the day ahead. I visit the bathroom, wash and clean teeth and spend 5 minutes in contemplation I dress and make a cup of coffee then  I write both my journal and my gratitude list  I visit my to do list and start working towards completing the things I have to do I clean my cameras ready for the photo shoot(s) that are booked I write any emails that I need to send    and read over my blog notes / planner    and having done this I start writing the new post After I am happy with that it is time to have lunch and then say bye to Alison if she is not coming with me. I (or We) leave the house and choose which vehicle we will use - if it is a country shoot we will probably take the Range Rover but if it is a town / city ...