Skip to main content

Friday update 07/10/22



         Friday Update 

    (+ a cautionary note!)

Hi thank you for joining me and welcome to this latest peek into the crazy world I inhabit!


But first an introduction to me................ I am DAve!

Musician, poet, songwriter, photographer, life coach, author, husband, dad and (although I really do not like to admit it that because of the fact that I am getting older) a Grandad to Owen and Evie.

When I moved to N.Devon many years ago I had no plans for the future, I was working for myself and now all these years later I could not be much more settled if I tried.

The only real drawback with the move was that because the area is slightly economically depressed there is not a lot of call for my (paid for) coaching services.

However, that said, I still work in the entertainment industry that I love and that gives me my day to day living.

Right enough about me............... let us take a look that something else

A Cautionary Note (I do serious stuff here too you know!)

It has been announced that the DVLA have recently issued a warning to any driver who (like me) wears glasses.

If you are supposed to wear prescription glasses and you drive without them you are facing a fine of up to £1000 and 3 penalty points on your licence.  

If you are involved in an accident and you were not wearing your glasses you are most likely to have invalidated your insurance policy

So that said if you are due for an eye test or to renew your driving licence I would seriously recommend that you get your sight tested to ensure that you remain within the law and remember 

"don't drive without your glasses if you are supposed to wear them"

Look at me being all serious.....but then again lives are at risk with this one, it is a biggie.

So thank you for taking the time to read this post, have a fantastic week.

Be safe, be careful and above all, remember

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

DAve x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

02/12/22 Making The Tea - an exercise in Strategy

                                         Making The Tea!                                                     (an exercise in Strategy) Hi It's DAve Apologies for my recent absence but family matters took over and I did not have the opportunity to write a blog post last week. Anyway I am now back again and here is this week's offering from the sometimes warped mind of Your's Truly! As a Personal Development Coach I am often asked about Goal Setting so here is my approach to that very subject:- All too often we set goals but very rarely do we create a plan of how we aim to achieve that goal. Having given the matter some thought I have defined a process and that involves "Starting At The End!" Yes, I know that seems mad, but how can you get to where you are going if you don't know where that is?  What it looks like, who you are as a person........... Once you have done this the next part is to list everything that has to happen if you are going to achieve that go

Dateline: Thursday 30th September 2021

Hi and welcome to my Personal Blog. Let us begin with an apology for the missing couple of day's posts, but these days were taken up with hospital visits and also our Wedding Anniversary (Sept.28th) 47 years ago I married Alison, the love of my life!   We were married by Rev'd John Flory in the Parish Church of St.Chad, Patchway, Bristol and then we had the reception at Stanshawes Court Hotel, Yate, Bristol. It was a brilliant day celebrating with family and good friends and then it was followed by a Honeymoon in Paignton. Life then rambled on quite happily although there were a few ups and downs, there were  some fantastic moments plus a few horrendous ones, some comedy and some tragedy.  We have been blessed with 2 brilliant daughters who make us so proud and a little boy who didn't actually make a successful transition from womb to world but he is still and always will be our son. Eventually after navigating the twists and turns of life's journey we ended up living b

Dateline: Tuesday 21 September 2021

Hi today is a crisp late summer day here in North Devon and I have been out and about – it feels like autumn is just around the corner. My car has now been serviced and MOT need and the bill will arrive with me soon. So today I feel that I want to give you just a little insight regarding some of the work I do…… One of my earliest productions (Musical Director) I am a therapist, life coach and musician on my own account  But professionally.... . For many years I have been involved in the entertainment industry – playing in bands, broadcasting, and for the past 20 years or so I have been a senior member of a team in a company that provides theatrical drapes and backdrops plus lighting effects to the World’s entertainment industry Working with this company has enabled me to experience places that I could only dream off as a child and meeting people that I have only been able to admire from afar. However I still remember the words that my Dad said to me when I was a teenager and I had expr