Skip to main content

28/10/22 Raising Awareness........

 


                                 RAISING                                                                                       AWARENESS!

                                                                                                 

Hi, it's DAve 

Thanks to you for joining me on the blog post this week.  This is a subject that is very dear to my heart and I am concerned that people may not be fully aware of the plight in which the entertainment industry is finding itself!

It has been announced that Live Music alone added £4.5 billion into the British economy during 2019 in addition to supporting over 210,000 jobs across the UK.

Post Pandemic statistics show that up to 50% of the Live Music workforce is or has been facing unemployment and if this does come to be we will be faced with a catastrophic loss of skills.

Another scary statistic is that performance venues have lost something in the region of 5 million visitors as a result of the Covid 19 situation.  That equates to a lot of "Bums On Seats!"

Music festivals alone support around 85,000 jobs and many of these are facing collapse and how many people of that 85,000 will become dependent on Unemployment payments.

So the reality of this alone is that around 300,000 people are possibly going to be claiming off the state if not now within a relatively short period of time,

How much (out of our industry alone) is this going to cost the British tax payer* in the long term?

* you, me, my wife, my daughter(s) my grandson, my grand daughter

The prospect for the future of our industry and for the nation as a whole is a scary one!

So thank you for taking the time to read this post, have a fantastic week.

Be safe, be careful and above all, remember

Don't Predict The Future - CREATE IT!

DAve x


PS. if you wish to connect with me please send an email to:- davethemerlin@mail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

02/12/22 Making The Tea - an exercise in Strategy

                                         Making The Tea!                                                     (an exercise in Strategy) Hi It's DAve Apologies for my recent absence but family matters took over and I did not have the opportunity to write a blog post last week. Anyway I am now back again and here is this week's offering from the sometimes warped mind of Your's Truly! As a Personal Development Coach I am often asked about Goal Setting so here is my approach to that very subject:- All too often we set goals but very rarely do we create a plan of how we aim to achieve that goal. Having given the matter some thought I have defined a process and that involves "Starting At The End!" Yes, I know that seems mad, but how can you get to where you are going if you don't know where that is?  What it looks like, who you are as a person........... Once you have done this the next part is to list everything that has to happen if you are going to achieve that go

Dateline: Thursday 30th September 2021

Hi and welcome to my Personal Blog. Let us begin with an apology for the missing couple of day's posts, but these days were taken up with hospital visits and also our Wedding Anniversary (Sept.28th) 47 years ago I married Alison, the love of my life!   We were married by Rev'd John Flory in the Parish Church of St.Chad, Patchway, Bristol and then we had the reception at Stanshawes Court Hotel, Yate, Bristol. It was a brilliant day celebrating with family and good friends and then it was followed by a Honeymoon in Paignton. Life then rambled on quite happily although there were a few ups and downs, there were  some fantastic moments plus a few horrendous ones, some comedy and some tragedy.  We have been blessed with 2 brilliant daughters who make us so proud and a little boy who didn't actually make a successful transition from womb to world but he is still and always will be our son. Eventually after navigating the twists and turns of life's journey we ended up living b

Dateline: Tuesday 21 September 2021

Hi today is a crisp late summer day here in North Devon and I have been out and about – it feels like autumn is just around the corner. My car has now been serviced and MOT need and the bill will arrive with me soon. So today I feel that I want to give you just a little insight regarding some of the work I do…… One of my earliest productions (Musical Director) I am a therapist, life coach and musician on my own account  But professionally.... . For many years I have been involved in the entertainment industry – playing in bands, broadcasting, and for the past 20 years or so I have been a senior member of a team in a company that provides theatrical drapes and backdrops plus lighting effects to the World’s entertainment industry Working with this company has enabled me to experience places that I could only dream off as a child and meeting people that I have only been able to admire from afar. However I still remember the words that my Dad said to me when I was a teenager and I had expr